Acta de Gerencia Ciencia is an open access, peer reviewed QUARTERLY journal. The aim of Acta de Gerencia Ciencia is to publish original articles, short notes, review articles and case studies in the following branches of management sciences-Advertising management, Consumer behavior and loyalty management, E-commerce, Educational management, Energy and resource management, Entrepreneurship and Mentoring, Hospitality and tourism management, Human resource management, Innovation and R&D management, Institutional Governance, International business management, Inventory management, knowledge and quality management, Logistics and Supply chain management, Marketing and operations management, Organizational management, Pharmaceutical and health care management, Product development and management, Productivity and performance management, Project management, Quality management, Risk and strategy management and Tourism and hotel management
Corresponding and co-authors are required to sign, scan and send Copyright Transfer agreement (CTA) along with article. Providing the list of Referee (LR, desirable) is desirable for rapid publication of the article. However, communication to reviewers submitted by authors is completely at the discretion of editors of the journals. Articles submitted along with duly signed and scanned copies of CTA will only be considered for peer review process. If the manuscript is not accepted for publication or withdrawn by the author, the transfer of copyright to the publisher is automatically cancelled.
Covering letter: Corresponding authors are requested to submit their manuscript along with covering letter stating clearly the branch under which they intend to publish the submitted article. Covering letter should also include the type of manuscript they are submitting for publication.
Preparation of manuscript: Manuscripts should be prepared in accordance with following guidelines for considering for peer review process and possible publication.
Page structure and components:
General Rules for Text
Articles should be prepared by using following guidelines.
Headings- Title, abstract, keywords, introduction, material and methods, results and discussion, conclusion, acknowledgement and reference-Front: Times New Roman; Size: 12, Bold.
Whole text- Font: Times New Roman; Size: 12
Manuscripts should be prepared in MS-Word format only, typewritten in A4 size paper ( Portrait) with 1.5 spacing and Normal margin ( one inch in all sides). All textual components of the article should be type written by using Times New Roman font style and textual content should be justified. All the components of manuscript like tables, figures and photos should be embedded in same file, no separate files should be submitted for photos and figures.
- Table, figure and photo numbers should given with 1,2,3… letters. Like Table-1 or Figure-1 or Photo-1.
- The explanation, if any which is required to understand the data given in tables, figure and photos should given as footnote at the bottom of respective tables, figure and photos. ( Font style Times New Roman, Font size-12 and Bold normal face)
- Tables should be prepared by using the option available in MS-Word software, use of tables which are prepared in MS-Excel and inserted in the manuscript is strictly prohibited
- Tables should be prepared with ALL BORDER option.
- Column headings or caption in the tables should in bold face ( Font style- Times New Roman, Font size-12)
Preparation of manuscript
- First page of the article (Title page) of article should contain the title of article, name of the authors and their affiliations, addresses, abstract, key words and the email of corresponding author. Author names should be written as name followed by initials and corresponding author should be indicated by * mark as superscript
Single Author: For example Manjunath M or Nitesh NM
Multiple Authors: For example Nitish NM, Manjunath M and Neeran Singh.
- Title of the article and affiliations should be arranged by center option. The title should bold face, normal case
- Abstract should be presented in single paragraph by single spacing. Authors are requested to avoid using abbreviations in abstract of the articles. Abstract should be precise and not exceed 250 words.
- There should be minimum of four and maximum of six key words for all types of articles
Guidelines for preparing original research articles
- Original research articles should contain title page, introduction, material and methods, results and discussion, conclusions, acknowledgement and reference (normal case, bold face) and these should be numbered as 1. 0 Introduction, 2.0 Materials and methods, 3.0 Results and discussions and 4.0 Conclusions. Numbering should not be done for acknowledgement and reference. These headings should be- normal case, Bold and font size 12. If any subsections are required, then they should be written as 2.1, 2.2……. to the corresponding sections.
- First page of the article is Title page and it should be prepared according to the guidelines provided in above section.Second page of the article should start from Introduction, followed by material and methods, experimental, results and discussion, conclusions, acknowledgement and reference. All these sections should be typewritten continuously.
Introduction: Introduction should be concise and lead to brief review of literature explaining the importance of study with suitable citations and rationale behind the investigation. Introduction should start from new page and should not be continuation to title page.
Materials and methods:
It should start as a continuation of Introduction on the same page. All important materials used during the course of work with their source should be mentioned. Methods used to carry out the work should be briefly explained. If the work involves statistical analysis of data obatained, then the method used for statistical analysis should be explained.
Results and Discussion:
The presentation of experimental details in the Results and Discussion section should be kept to minimum. Reiteration of information that is already made obvious in tables, figures, or materials and methods should be avoided. Discussion should deal with the interpretation of results, which may help the readers in better understanding of the problem taken and logical explanation should be given while arriving to a conclusion.
Contents of concise section should represent brief summary of conclusions of the work and may highlights the wider implications of outcome of the work. This section should not merely duplicate the contents of abstract
This section should be used to acknowledge the technical assistance, gifts of starting materials or reference samples or centers from which spectroscopic or any other analytical data is recorded during the course of the work.
This section can also be used to acknowledge the persons (other than authors) who have helped in interpretation of data or rendered technical assistance during the course of the work.
Authors should be astute in citing the literature in the article, unnecessarily long list of references should be avoided. Citations of literature within the text must be presented in numerical order and should be set in square brackets, that is like . The cited literature should be represented in chronological order in textual content as well in reference section.
The titles of the journals should be abbreviated according to the style used by the Index Medicus. The list of journals indexed, published annually, in the latest issue of the Index Medicus may be consulted.
Standard journal article
Colen SD, Ubel PA, Caplan AL. N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 284-287.
Volume with supplement
Geraud G, Spierings EL, Keyw C. Ind J Management Scie. 2002; 42 Suppl 2: S93-S99.
Books and Other Monographs
1. Personal author(s)
Rosenthal KS, Kobayashi GS, Pfaller MA. Market study for Medical equipments. 4th ed. St. Louis: Mosby; 2002.
2. Chapter in a book
Meltzer PS, Trent JM. Algorithim alterations: A novel method of market analysis. In: Vogelstein B, Kinzler KW, editors. The genetic basis of human cancer. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2002. p. 93-113.
Harnden P, Joffe JK, Jones WG, editors. Job satisfaction among BPO workders V. Proceedings of the 5th International BPO Conference; 2001 Sep 13-15; Leeds, UK. New York: Springer; 2002.
Borkowski MM. Infant product marketing: a telephone survey of Hispanic Americans [dissertation]. Mount Pleasant (MI): Central Michigan University; 2002.
Pagedas AC. Ancel Surgical R&D Inc., assignee. Flexible tools for for market analysis. United States patent US 20020103498. 2005 Aug 1.
Naya T. Adoptability of market research techniques in rural areas. The Washington Post. 2002 Aug 12;Sect. A:2 .
Dictionary and similar references
Newman illustrated medical dictionary. 29th ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders; 2000. Filamin; p. 675.
Journal article on the Internet
Abood S. Am J Nurs [serial on the Internet]. 2002 Jun [cited 2002 Aug 12];102 (6): [about 3 p.]. Available from: http://www.nursingworld.org/AJN/2002/june/Wawatch.htm
Canadian marketing Society [homepage on the Internet]. Toronto: The Society; 2006 [updated 2006 May 12; cited 2006 Oct 17]. Available from: http://www.canadamarketing.ca/.
Guidelines for preparing short notes
Short Communication is restricted to 2300-2500 words. First page of the article is Title page and it should be prepared according to the guidelines provided in Original article preparation section.. However, short communications should not be subdivided into various sections like Introduction, Material and methods ……- all these should be merged into running text without dividing into subsections in running text. Apart from this exception, all the guidelines explained in preparation of original research articles section should be followed.
Guidelines for preparing Review articles
Review articles should contain title page and running textual content, acknowledgement and reference. First page of the article is Title page and it should be prepared according to the guidelines provided in Original article preparation section. Second page should contain running textual content which may include up-to-date information with proper citations, followed by acknowledgement and reference. Reference should be cited according the guidelines described in preparation of Original research articles.
Case studies depicting the problems encountered in current business environment and panaromic view of various possible solutions and outcomes for the solutions can be represented in case studies. While proposing solutions, authors are requested to make sure that solutions are non-biased and provide valuable insight to the readers, the practical application of such solutions in real time scenario.
Additions and Corrections*
If, errors or omissions of any information are found in a published paper, the corresponding author should contact the Editor for instruction on submitting and addition or correction. Acceptance of an addition or correction is subject to approval by the Editors.
Once, the resubmitted article is accepted for publication, Proofs will be sent to corresponding author electronically. Only typographic corrections may be made in a galley proof. Any substantive changes in the content of the article require editorial approval and may delay publication.
Articles Processing Charges
Once the article is accepted for publication, corresponding author will be asked to pay Article Processing Charges. Only on receival of Article Processing Charges, article will be published.
Once the article is published, pdf file of published article will be sent to corresponding author by email.
* By submitting paper to Acta de Gerencia Ciencia, you are authorizing editors of journal to make minor formatting and grammar corrections in the manuscript to adjust to editorial and language standard. Finally the proof is sent to authors for a last verification. In this phase only typographical or spelling mistakes can be corrected in the proof.
# By submitting paper to Acta de Gerencia Ciencia, you certify that you understand and conform to Anti-Plagiarism and Publication policy of journal.
IMPORTANT: Sometimes you will not receive response because emails don't go to your inbox , always check your Junk/spam email folder also.
Copyright Transfer Agreement
Corresponding author should submit duly signed and scanned copy of Copyright Transfer Agreement for considering the article for peer review process. Copyright Transfer Agreement Corresponding author is requested to submit the corrected manuscripts by giving proper justifications and necessary corrections (if any) for the comments raised by reviewers as soon as possible for rapid publication of the article. Upon receipt of revised articles, authors will be asked to pay article processing charges. On payment of article Processing Charges, galley proofs will be sent to corresponding author by email. Authors must carefully check and submit the same by email within seven days of receipt of proofs in MS-Word format. After publication, corresponding author will receive a pdf file of the article by email.